Approved Training Programs
- CEE Certified Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Professional Diploma
- ETAP Certification
What is Electrical Engineering?
Electrical engineering is one of the newer branches of engineering, and dates back to the late 19th century. It is the branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity. Electrical engineers work on a wide range of components, devices and systems, from tiny microchips to huge power station generators.
Electrical engineers design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
They design and manufacture electrical equipment for use across many sectors, including:
- the building industry and services, including lighting, heating and ventilation;
- transportation and transport networks;
- manufacturing and construction;
- production and distribution of power.
As well as having technical knowledge, electrical engineers need to be able to project manage and multitask. They also need to have commercial awareness. Additional attributes, such as team leadership or management skills, are required as careers progress.